Deep valley of the Sumata River, a branch of the Oi River. Many waterfalls can be seen on the rock walls on both sides of the valley and the slopes of the mountains are covered with fir, hemlock and cedar trees. Visit Sumatakyo spa, where you can take an approximately 90 min walk along a path that includes crossing a 90m long suspension bridge (Yume no Tsuribashi) and another arch-shaped bridge (Hiryubashi).
Times and fees are calculated using the following conditions:
- • Railway times do not include transfer time at stations.
- • Shinkansen times shown are for Kodama trains.
- • Rail fees shown are for conventional lines (zairaisen) and are only basic fares with no express surcharges.
- • Tokaido Shinkansen Fares = basic fare + super-express surcharge (for non-reserve seats)
- • Tomei Expressway rates shown are for normal vehicles.
- • Suruga Bay Ferry rates are for regular times and for one car 4-5 m in length.