The second largest spa city in Izu, next to Atami. The city spreads in the form of a Japanese fan, at the end of the Matsu River on the seaside of Sagami Bay, with a row of hotels from the seaside to the mountains. Although there are many luxury hotels, the city has a relaxed atmosphere of health resort spa due to its old history. Started in the 17th Century as three original hot springs, and now there are about 800 original hot springs, of which amount is larger than that of Atami. There are many sightseeing points such as the swimming beach, heights, lake, and historical spots of old powerful Ito family, hiking paths, golf courses, etc.
- You can view real-time transfer information from Mt. Fuji Shizuoka Airport to your destination.
Times and fees are calculated using the following conditions:
- • Railway times do not include transfer time at stations.
- • Shinkansen times shown are for Kodama trains.
- • Rail fees shown are for conventional lines (zairaisen) and are only basic fares with no express surcharges.
- • Tokaido Shinkansen Fares = basic fare + super-express surcharge (for non-reserve seats)
- • Tomei Expressway rates shown are for normal vehicles.
- • Suruga Bay Ferry rates are for regular times and for one car 4-5 m in length.